Saturday, April 2, 2011

March 28th, 2010. Yet Another Baptism!


¡CAMBIOS! -- Transfers!!
andddd not for us:) Elder Cirne and I are staying! and we are really happy about it too. There is just way too much we need and want to do here in Nuevo Hermosillo, and in the ward to have transfers right now.. well, not for at leasttt another 6 weeks!
WOW lots of stuff happened this week. I feel like my English is especially bad today (Elder Cirne and I are trying to speak English more when we are in the appartment, don`t worry. Oh and I`m writing in my journal, and writing letters to you all, so it should still be good. just sometimes it hurts a little more than other times to make the switch.) So forgive me.
How is everybody??? Again, it sounds like Emily`s and Mary`s lives are wayyy too cool. I had to promise Elder Cirne that we ARE normal people in the United States, and that it is very rare that people take trips to Africa, are in super sweet bands, and write music. I don`t think he believes me.

Really a tough week... opposition around every corner. Investigators dropping us... unnamed missionaries from other unnamed denominations visiting and confusing new converts... families not coming to church... people losing testimonies... marriage problems... financial difficulties.. and sadly the list goes on. But if one thing is clear, there is never a moment when everything goes wrong. President Velez has given me the assignment to study Joseph Smith History and apply what I learn to the work.
DyC 121 always comes to mind. and it`s true, sometimes it is only a small moment:)
I had the awesome opportunity to baptize Mayra Alejandra Vazquez on Saturday the 26th. Mayra is 15, she is also really cool, and was very very very ready to be baptized. Mayra`s parents, Carlos and Mayra were baptized by my friend Elder Mendoza about 9 months ago. Lotsss of missionaries have taught the family, and worked really hard with Mayrita, but she never wanted to get baptized. When Elder Cirne and I met Mayra, she had just started to read the book of Mormon... out of nowhere! She likes to read (she really likes Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings) and I guess the book of Mormon just caught her attention. We taught her a few lessons... talked about harry potter... and asked her what her goals were in life. She wants to be a writer, and wants to do what God would have her do. We asked her what she thought God wanted her to do right now.. and smiling, she said,
``Probably get baptized:)``
When we are obedient, have faith, work hard, and focus on the needs of others, things just seem to fall into place :) I have a testimony of that.
--JACK

No comments:

Post a Comment