Sunday, March 13, 2011

February 13th, 2011


Estimada familia mia,
¡¡¡Everythings changed again!!! well, not everything. CAMBIOS (transfers) yesterday and today! I am staying here in Nuevo Hermosillo, but Elder Florence se va! Upgraded to zone leader, Elder florence is catching a bus to Agua Prieta(about 4ish hours away, justtt across the border from Douglas Arizona) tomorrow morning!
My new comp, Elder Cirne, is very young in the mission, he has about 3 months and was serving in Guaymas! Elder Cirne is from Puebla, Mexico... I can tell I am going to learn a LOT this transfer haha a lot of spanish and a lot about missionary work too. with 6 months under my belt now I am senior comp, taking over the area! Im not going to lie, Im a little nervous.. as senior comp I have a lot more responsibility, I have to make all the phone calls, and pass all the dats, AND i am supposed to teach my companion about missionary work?.. what? I dont even speak his language!!!
Needless to say.. IM PUMPED! sometimes theres no better way to learn than just jumping in :)
Ends up we are not changing houses.. not for another two weeks at least. We still dont have any water.. we found out the reason though! The Elder who lived in our appartment before Elder Florence and I forgot topay the water bill 3 months in a row.. so the city took our water away!and isnt going to give it back for three months ha ha
right now we have a tinaco in our back yard that we filled with water.. so every night and every morning we fill buckets to wash the dishes and bathe and stuff.
And to give a litttttle bit of an idea whats going on, I will summarize a typical day for the missionaries here in Nuevo Hermosillo.
6:15 am, we wake up, hit our knees, personal prayers, comp prayer-- oh and fill the bucket w water
6:30 (Elder Florence and I) leave to go running
7:00 return, shower, get dressed
7:30, eat breakfast while listening to conference talks in spanish
breakfast-- Yogurt, cereal, sometimes eggs and toast! and lately Ive been buying grapefruit
8-9 personal study!
9-10 comp study!
10-11 language study!(if we donçt have appointments)
11:00 leave the house, grab an apple or a mandarine on the way
tracting... knocking... following the spirit... usually we have atleast one or two set appointments
2:00-3 pm la comida 'lunch' with a member family, share a spiritual message, ask for referrals, knock around their street, talk to their neighbors
back to work! tracting, teaching appointments, etc. we try really hard to have a set app. at 7 and 8
9-9:30, return to the house,PLAN, make calls, update area book and teaching records, grab a piece of bread, maybe some more yogurt, write in journal, get ready for bed and the next day
10:30 hit our knees, comp and personal prayer, go to bed
I've learned a lot this week about the imprtance of obedience... and always remembering the big picture. Why do we do the things we do? to what end? what can we do better? what can I learn form this? How can we improve?
OH and really quick, the bishop told us sat night at 9 that the next morning, at 8, we would each be giving 20 min talks in church! I also learned to stay on my toes and be ready for anything haha I hink it went okay:) I spoke first, we did a musical number, E florence played the piano, I sang, then he spoke.
muccchho amor,
ELDER SPENCER

No comments:

Post a Comment