Saturday, October 2, 2010

August 25th, 2010

Como le van?!

ALRIGHT so I oultined what I wanted to say in this email in an attempt to be more organized, effivient and clear, but I was in a hurry running out of our appartment and i accidentally grabbed my outline for Leccion Dos, (the plan of salvation) en espanol ha ha

So I guess I'll just shoot from the hip as usual.

This has been a really good week! Elder Porter and I have decided that we are finally getting the hang of things! We are finding 3 minutes here.. 5 minutes there of freetime which didn't exist the first two weeks so we are happy about that:)

More districts are getting Mexican Visas! Just the other day I talked to 5 Elders going to Hermosillo, all of whom had visas and were only here for 8 weeks. YESSSSS

Elder Palfreyman is gone! he was reassigned to Seattle Spanish speaking until his viso comes in, when he will fly back here, then down to Mexico probably about the same time I head down there. 5.5 weeks left in los estados unidos! I've decided 8 weeks in the MTC is a long time. Elder Watkins left for St Paul this morning!

I can't wait to get into the field.

Spanish is beginning to pick up speed! and I thought we were moving fast when I got here! We got a new teacher b/c Hermana Gigena graduated from the Y and moved back to washington DC. Our new teacher is a native speaker! He's from Bolivia and served his Mission in Columbia. He speaks SO FAST but I find myself understanding about 85% of what he says! Which I think is pretty darn good. Some really important must really want me to learn how to preach his gospel in this language.

I got a haircut today! My hair has never been this short in my entire life! I feel like a marine. But I kind of like it. They cut our hair in this little shop below one of the residence halls and they heard us in and shear us like sheep. A very young pretty BYU student sat me down, shaved me, and vacuumed my head to get rid of all the little hairs ha ha ha.

Really though I think I actually look pretty sharp. I lucked out -- a lot of the other Elders come out looking ridiculous

OH YEAH! And we found out my good friend and roommate Elder Blair ( the one with the heart problem ) is Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley's great GRANDSON and lived with his for the last two years of teh Prophets life! (explaining why he was shipped up to salt lake and interviewed by general authorities and church doctors about his condition) He decided to tell us this when we noticed Gordon B. was on his geneology chart hanging up on his wall ha ha he said,

"Oh yeah he's my grandpa. No big deal."

THEN Elder Richard G Hinckley spoke at the devotional Tues. night, we saw him in the hallway and Elder Blair called him "Uncle Dick"! We thought that was pretty crazy.

Well I can honestly say I'm comfortable here:) It is so weird finally being a missionary. Everything I do, say, teach, read, study all day is by the spirit-- everyone here is united under one purpose and that is to Invite others to come unto Christ by receiving the restored gospel. I wouldn't ratehr be anywhere else :)

Todo les quiero MUCHO

love,

Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment